Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:23:38 +0100, Phil Pennock
<Phil.Pennock@???> wrote:
>On 2002-01-20 at 19:52 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I am currently receiving e-mail for a virtual domain example.com to my
>> account and would like to sort e-mail for that domain by the envelope
>> recipient. As far as I can see, there is no expansion variable for a
>> message's envelope recipient in the user .forward file, and
>> $header_envelope-to: seems to be empty even if the incoming message
>> has a Envelope-to: header line. At least, this applies for messages
>> piped into exim -bf.

>after success, which IIRC is dependent upon successful .forward
>filtering? Uhm, pass, I don't personally use the .forward stuff, merely
>provide it for users (I should probably attend Procmail-users Anonymous
>meetings).

So, envelope_to_remove (which is set by default) is applied to the
message before the .forward file sees it?

>You're not looking at doc/filter.txt, as supplied with the Exim
>distribution, particularly section 33, "Expansion variables". :^)

Yes, I looked, but I overlooked $domain (which seems to be rather
stupid when I re-evaluate this a day later), and hoped there would be
a variable that would save my users from re-assembling their e-mail
address. But I figure that who can write a .forward file will be able
to do this.

Additionally, I was misled by the section on "String Expansion" which
lists some variable that are "most likely to be useful". I didn't see
that this was an incomplete list. Phil might want to include a
reference to section 33 giving the complete list of expansion
variables to keep stupid people like me from bothering the list ;)

Again, your message was most helpful. Your assistance is greatly
appreciated, thank you very much.

Greetings
Marc