Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users, eho
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file
On 2002-01-20 at 19:52 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> I am currently receiving e-mail for a virtual domain example.com to my
> account and would like to sort e-mail for that domain by the envelope
> recipient. As far as I can see, there is no expansion variable for a
> message's envelope recipient in the user .forward file, and
> $header_envelope-to: seems to be empty even if the incoming message
> has a Envelope-to: header line. At least, this applies for messages
> piped into exim -bf.

after success, which IIRC is dependent upon successful .forward
filtering? Uhm, pass, I don't personally use the .forward stuff, merely
provide it for users (I should probably attend Procmail-users Anonymous
meetings).

> Am I doing something wrong? What is the recommended way to access a
> message's envelope recipient from a user .forward file?

You're not looking at doc/filter.txt, as supplied with the Exim
distribution, particularly section 33, "Expansion variables". :^)

Depending upon what's happening and how you handle the virtual domain,
something like:
$local_part@$domain
or:
$parent_local_part@$parent_domain