Re: [Exim] Catch -all woes. *: not accepted

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: dave, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Catch -all woes. *: not accepted
On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:55:01PM -0500,
Greg Ward <gward@???> is thought to have said:

> On 18 January 2002, dave said:
> > No matter where in /etc/aliases I place "*:    username" to enable catch-all
> > of all domains, if someone sends an email to an 'unrouted' user such as
> > example12@???, it gets returned with a no 'local user
> > example12 in myfreedomainhost.net".

> You can't do that with Exim. RTFM on the aliasfile director. I bet if
> you sent mail to the literal address '*@myfreedomainhost.net', though,
> it would work.

Perhaps you should RTFM. Specifically Section 23.2 of the spec, last
paragraph.

To the original poster, make sure your search_type has an asterisk at the
end (presumably dbm* for you). See Section 6.6 of the specification for
details.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality