[Exim] forwarding setup. Complete setup actualy.

Página Inicial
Autor: Daniel Zuidema
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] forwarding setup. Complete setup actualy.
Hello all, first mail here. Did some checkup in the archives, but maybe someone can help me
step by step for my first big step in E-mail buisness.

I have:
- 1 Freesco server. Not the best of the class, but It was primairy setup as a firewall/gateway and
does it's job without a glitch.
- Extremail as the default mailserver but thats being kicked. Else I wasn't here.
- I have a dyndHs-domain, but that will be DynDNS soon. So when my IP changes ones a month
or so, it still has the right domainname. (freesco got a little nifty program to update it)

What I want is this.
I'm co-webmastering an external domain. We can only get 15 users on it (and pop3-boxes with
forwarding). But forwarding needs a user and costs 1 mb. We want to forward e-mail with our
domainname to visitors that like it. Of cource it's multi-drop and it's getting collected on the
hosting-server in one pop3-box.

So the easy explanation is: get all the mail using fetchmail or teapot on my freesco local server
and forward it to the visitors own e-mailaddress.

We like to do it with minimum hassle as possible from our point so there wil be Perl scripting on
the external host and some on my freesco-box for setting up a database with the forward-rules
and the form for the visitor to fill in.

I like to disguise my Freesco-server as much as possible.

Also I want some checks running like: Is the forward address already in use (with our
domainname) and is the receiving address already in our list. Some authentification in the setup
form for misformed addresses will also be needed.
As it runs I will find a way for bouncing mail or large (quantity of) mails being send thru to one
address.

I still have nothing. And still need to install Exim. I've never been deep into e-mail configuration.
It allready took me a while to set up eXtremail to be tight and allowing only what I want. At least it
handles about 2 e-mails a month so no administration was needed. Only used it for sending out
e-mail from my windows-box inside the network. That still will be the case. And relaying is not
allowed from outside the network ofcourse.

Can somebody guide me step by step in setting up this thing? I don't want to add users to my
system, and it probably isn't needed because it comes in, Exim needs to look up the name
before the @ then checks it in a list and send the mail (without adding headers) to the e-
mailaddress it will find.

In theory I know it all. It's the real thing I'm finding difficult to understand...

We expect about 100-200 people wanting this (free) service but it still has to run when it exceeds
500 users. The server is an old Cyrix P150 but I won't expect much trouble from his side. There
is an Apache server on it, but it's probably one of the less used servers on the internet.

So please? I'm not very good at linux and try to follow the how-to's as much as possible, but I've
allready dropped Redhat 6.1, Debian and Suse for being too big and too much overkill for what I
wanted for. Freesco is running since august 2001 without a problem! I like to keep it!

Best regards,

Daniel Zuidema
http://www.theseend.net/ or http://crash.to/acaac
ICQ@6335056
Voor zo'n klein hoekje vind ik hem wel ongelukkig groot