[Exim] MySQL error reading communication packets

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mike Bremford
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] MySQL error reading communication packets
Hi all

I'm running exim and using MySQL to store the list of user accounts and
processing rules. So far so good, although I often get the message "Got
an error reading communication packets" in the MySQL log, everything
seems to work.

Until today that is, when MySQL stopped accepting connections at all -
the reason why was given as "localhost.localdomain is blocked because of
many connection errors"

A quick browse through the MySQL logs shows that 95% of errors are from
exim, and no other errors are reported at the time MySQL blocked the
port, so exim is definately to blame.

I strongly suspect that the connection to MySQL from exim isn't closed
gracefully, but is just dropped. To be fair I know it isn't just exim
that does, but I'm humbly suggesting that it's not necessarily a good
idea - perhaps "whoevers in charge" could tweak the code so that
database connections are gracefully dropped?

Cheers... Mike