Re: [Exim] Setting the IP address

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Setting the IP address
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 12:43:59PM +0100, Morten Primdahl wrote:
>     (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id MAA03979 for <morten@???>; Thu,
>     17 Jan 2002 12:11:36 +0100
> [root@job2000 etc]# host www.job2000.dk
> www.job2000.dk. has address 129.142.225.154

> Where does exim get the IP address from? I would expect /etc/hosts
> or a DNS lookup. The docs hint uname, but I cannot see any relation
> between my uname -a and the IP exim uses.

The kernel will chose the address, unless you set exim to explicitly use
a binding to other than INADDR_ANY. This is normally done based on the
routing table: eg. on my machine:
212.135.138.209/25: fxp0
212.135.138.210/32: fxp0 alias
212.135.138.211/32: fxp0 alias

so anything going to my default route (which is on the 212.135.138.128/25
network), will be bound to 212.135.138.209, unless specified otherwise.

> Is there a way I can explicitly set the IP address?

the interface option to the smtp transport:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec_19.html#SEC572

MBM