[Exim] MySQL and Exim Lookup

Author: Scott Stavretis
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] MySQL and Exim Lookup
Dear All,

I'm using MySQL and Exim to do some relay host lookups via SQL.
I can use MySQL by itself using it's command line feature okay (mysql -u mysql -p password) and can do select statements etc..

When I put the same configuration into Exim and try it I get MySQL failed to connect via /var/sock/mysql errors.
I have checked all the details host/user/pass etc and they are correct, as when I use a perl script of the mysql interface it works with these same details.

Does anyone know what method EXIM uses to connect to MySQL.
I have some perl scripts using DBI::Mysql (works correctly) but Exim doesn't appear to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
Scott