Re: [Exim] watching exim (was lost e-mails founded)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Oliver Egginger
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] watching exim (was lost e-mails founded)
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> Therfore I would like to run our main mailsystem at debug mode
> for a few days to get more information.
> But exim writes all his debug output to standard error
> consequently he can't demonize.
>
> Is it possible to write exims debug output straightly to the syslogs or a
> certain file ?

You can run the Exim daemon like this

exim -bd -q15m -d 2>/some/file

and it will send the debugging output to the file. True, it won't put
itself into the background, but that doesn't affect its operation. You
will be able to kill this daemon with ^C.

Note that this will give you debugging output only from the daemon and
the processes it forks. You won't get information from reception
processes started by other means.