Re: [Exim] Switch from mbox to Maildir

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Para: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Switch from mbox to Maildir
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> 1. I'll drop the (production) server to single user mode

unneccessary. just stop exim and the pop(imap) server you have
running. or even, don't stop exim, but have it running in queue-only
mode, with a separate config just for this occasion. will keep your
incoming mails happy :)

> 2. Change exim local delivery transport to deliver to Maildir
> 3. Change the config for the POP3 daemon
> 3. Test 3 or so accounts
> 4. Return to server mode

> At that point, I am left with so much mail in /var/mail/{user} which I have to
> get to each user's Maildir/new and there are over 6k users!! A bit scaring for
> a junior like me ;-) - I could do something like
>

> #!/bin/sh

forget that. pretty suboptimal :)

i have a small perl script that does the stuff, but it's a
single-instance solution. a friend of mine did a very heavily threaded
little script for that, which i never tried, but if it was good for
c&w, it could be good for others, too :) (the only drawback here could
be that it's written in pike, and it certainly needs to be modified to
mmet your needs. pike is not a too well-known language, chances are
you don't speak it, which could certainly be a showstopper here).

then yes, basically that's it. my perl script can be leeched from
http://dawn.royalcomp.hu/~ice/dl/tools/mb2md.pl [if you're curious,
there's an mb2md.pike too, which i haven't tried either, but at
least you can check how pike looks like :), but you can find
other fine solutions at qmail.org (or around qmail stuff, usually).

--
[-]