Re: [Exim] Setting Up Exim in RH with Dynamic DNS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Setting Up Exim in RH with Dynamic DNS
On 2002-01-16 at 01:03 -0500, Mike Gifford wrote:
> I'm trying to test Exim on a machine that I use that is connected with
> dynamic dns, however I'm having some problems....
>
> I'm not sure what name to give the primary_hostname for starters?

Well, if you're _sure_ that the dynamic DNS will always be updated in
time, then the name you've chosen. :^)

Eg, if you get something like example.dyndns.org and update it every
time you connect, and HUP exim or start it appropriately (the second
perhaps a little safe -- only run a daemon when connected?) then you can
just set:
primary_hostname = example.dyndns.org

> I've set the routers to:
>
>  lookuphost:
>    driver = domainlist
>    transport = remote_smtp
>    route_list = "* smtp1.sympatico.ca bydns_a"

That's for outgoing mail ...

> I'm testing it in elm.. I did get a couple errors at first as I didn't
> have a fax user, etc..
>
> But I am not getting any error messages now.. I'm also not getting the
> messages..
>
> Any suggestions?

You'll need to provide much more information. For instance, any
relevant lines from your mainlog file. If you can change the program
which elm uses to send mail, then perhaps set it to invoke exim with -d9
so that you can see the output? (Perhaps a script wrapper, which tees
to a file).

The logs should generally show what's going where.

At the moment, my random .sig is looking appropriate. ;^)
--
"You know, I've gone to a lot of psychics, and they've told me a lot of
different things, but not one of them has ever told me 'You are an undercover