Re: [Exim] Listening on different ports for different addres…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Listening on different ports for different addresses
On 2002-01-14 at 20:42 -0700, Dan Egli wrote:
> Simple question. I have a local mail server that handles mail for my
> internal network. Because of security implementations on my ISP, I have to
> recieve mail on port 4000 over the net. So is there a way I can specify a
> port to listen to for each address?

I'm not sure that I follow why. What's the problem with just listening
on both ports, for all addresses?

> i.e. address 192.168.0.1 listens on 25
> everyone else listsns on 4000

Run two copies of Exim, one with "-oX 4000 -bd" instead of "-bd".

What does restricting which IPs can reach which MTA get you, or does the
ISP scan for daemons? If it gets you anything (or the ISP scans) then
perhaps it's easiest to just use packet-filtering at the network level?

If not ... is 192.168.0.1 on the same network interface as the ISP link?

If they're on different interfaces, use local_interfaces to specify
which interface each daemon should listen on.

If you're set on doing per-host decisions within Exim and don't mind
that a TCP connection will be accepted before being dropped, then use
host_reject.

For either of the last two options, this can be done either with two
config files or a macro and a -D command-line override.
--
Cryptanalysis (n.):
Freudian therapy carried out covertly. Hence Cryptanalyst (n.)