Re[2]: [Exim] exim 3 vs. 4

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re[2]: [Exim] exim 3 vs. 4
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:08:20 +0200 Vadim Vygonets <vadik-exim@???> wrote:

> Quoth Sheldon Hearn on Tue, Jan 15, 2002:
> > Interesting perspective. I'd want to train my clients on the version
> > for which I could include an O'Rielly book in the cost of the training.
> > :-)

> Well, what I meant is that if you train them for Exim 3, you will
> need to re-train them for Exim 4. Of course, the answer depends
> on whether you can charge them twice by training them for two
> different versions of Exim ;)

the other issue that occured to me is that if i train them on 3, and give
them a book, then that makes the odds pretty good that they won't go to 4
until about a year from now, when the second edition of the book comes out.
i can train them now on 4, and the manual is as good as ever. most of us
did learn exim from this list and the manual back before there was a book,
and this particular client has an intelligent and motivated IT staff which
is just not that experienced at the particular set of things we're doing
right now.

richard
--
Richard Welty