Re: [Exim] Syntax error XXXX, authentication broken

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Patrick D. Avery
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Syntax error XXXX, authentication broken
On 14 Jan 2002, Patrick D. Avery wrote:

> After moving my Exim server from one co-location facility to another. I
> began to see the following errors. Any ideas as to what they are?
>
> [root@frits root]# cat /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep XXX | more
> 2002-01-10 18:08:27 SMTP syntax error in "XXXX invincible.cnchost.com
> H=invincible.concentric.net [207.155.248.15.36317]: unrecognized command

The Exim server received the invalid SMTP command

XXXX irresistable.cnchost.com

from the host irresistable.cnchost.com [207.155.248.34.19906]. That's
all you can say from that log line. If it persists, you'll have to
contact the postmaster at the sending host to find out what's going on.

(Unless there is an SMTP proxy or something sitting between you and the
world. If so, check that it isn't mangling things.)