Re: [Exim] sendmail mailertable equiv

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: exim-users
Temas novos: [Exim] help whit exim instalation!
Asunto: Re: [Exim] sendmail mailertable equiv
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> I'm guessing that what is going wrong here is that you are trying to send
> it to both, wheras all the solutions that have been proposed send it to
> one or the other.

Exim has no inbuilt facilities for delivering a single address to two
different places.[*] It is rather fundamental in the design that this is
impossible to do correctly. The reason has to do with retrying after a
temporary error. For an incoming address, Exim just remembers that it
hasn't yet delivered it. If a single address were routed to two (or
more) different places, Exim would have to remember which of them had
been delivered and which not. This is the same reason why duplicate
addresses cause just a single delivery. It would require some major
re-design to do anything different, and as this is such a minority
requirement, I rather suspect it will never get done.

> I don't know if this would work, but:

[Scheme for aliasing to two new addresses snipped.]

Yes, I think that's the only possibility.

> Though I'm not sure if this is entirely what you want, as it will rewrite
> the envelope senders on each.

               ^^^^^^^
You mean recipients, I think.

> It may be possible to stop this happening,
> though I can't see how.

Neither can I (except perhaps by rewriting them at the other end.)

[*] There are "shadow" local deliveries, but they are not "proper"
deliveries.