[Exim] Exim configuration

Author: Elm Gysel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim configuration
Hello again!

All of this seems to be working! ;)

I got a new file under my mail spool directory with the
'username-domainname' so this is working alright.
But now...does this user have to be a user under the system? Because I don't
really know how this user can get his mail.
I've been reading the exim documents and I can't seem to find any HOWTO of
how to check usersnames with under a POP3 session.

Can you give me the points it checks when I start a new POP3 session?

And thanks for the nice replies! ;)

Elm

> EG> Hello again,
> EG> I'm still learning alot about exim so fogive me my stupid questions.

I have
> EG> a questoin which I don't want to have answered here, I just hope

someone can
> EG> push me into some directions.
> I can give you an answer, if you want it.
>
> EG> We have a system with two domains.
>
> EG> A.com B.com
>
> EG> A.com has all localusers. So normal system users.
>
> EG> B.com has usernames specified in a plain asci file called 'B.com' :
>
> EG> name:pass
> EG> othername:otherpass
>
> EG> I want to check wheter the domain name of an incomming mail is B.com

and
> EG> then search the name in the file.
> EG> And append the data to
>
> EG> /var/spool/mail/${local_part}-${domain}
>
> EG> This is the first step I think but I have not really a clue how to

start