Re: [Exim] header munging -- can I do it in a filter file?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Patrice Fournier
Aan: dman
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] header munging -- can I do it in a filter file?
Quoting dman <dsh8290@???>:

> Some mailing lists like to fill up the Subject: header with extra
> noise (usually an identification of the list in square brackets).
>
> What I would like to do is strip this noise from the Subject: header
> before it is delivered to the folder.

[...]
> I would rather do this in my userland
> filter file, but I don't recall seeing any mechanism to add/remove or
> otherwise munge headers in a filter file. Is there a way for me to do
> this?

No header add/remove in user filters (only in system filters)

> While I'm at it, can I check the "protocol" in a filter file? If I
> can't do the above, I could pipe the message to a script that fixes
> it, and then sends it back to exim with a different protocol to
> prevent looping (similar to what spamassassin says it does).

I think $received_protocol is available to user filters... but remember
that you need to be a trusted user to call Exim with a specified
protocol... If you're not, you can always have your script add another
header of your choice which would never occur in a message and filter
according to that header...

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???