Re: [Exim] too many postgres connections

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Joachim Wieland
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] too many postgres connections
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Joachim Wieland wrote:

> according to Philip's hint (maybe he should become marketing director of
> the big M-company "The next version does exactly what you want")

Sorry about that. I don't really want to sound like a commercial
person...

> PGSQL new connection: host=host port= database=database user=user
>
> but nothing that indicates that a connection has been closed again.
>

> When I quit exim -bt I get:
>
> [...]
> close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
> close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
> close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
> close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
> [...]

> So, is this a bug or some sort of "feature", I don't understand right
> now (maybe some caching?)?

I'm about to investigate your other problem with Postgres and I'll look
into this too. Exim does cache connections. The question is therefore,
why hasn't it re-used its previously cached connection? Could you please
send me (off list) the command you were using, and the complete -d9 output?

(I don't know if Postgres is widely used with Exim. I am not an expert
in this area at all.)

Philip