Re: [Exim] Passing mail through directors as well as routers…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: dman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Passing mail through directors as well as routers section?
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, dman wrote:

> "incoming" == "this is the last stop" (now deliver it to a folder)
> "outgoing" == "not staying here" (hand it off to the next system)

... which is different from the definition that might be used on a
gateway/firewall system, where you might have

"incoming" = "from the Internet"  (i.e. not from the local LAN)
"outgoing" = "to the Internet"    (i.e. not to the local LAN)

The point being that the concepts mean different things in different
situations.

Messages can have more than one recipient. In your definition, a message
may be both "incoming" and "outgoing". In my definition, a message may be
neither!