著者: Joachim Wieland
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] too many postgres connections
Hi,

according to Philip's hint (maybe he should become marketing director of
the big M-company "The next version does exactly what you want") I've
updated to 3.952 and apart from all other problems that can probably be
solved by reading the documentation I have the following problem:

I was testing some addresses for my brand new configuration(exim -bt)
and it was roughly the 4th address that said:

... failed to expand ... gave DEFER: PGSQL connection failed: Sorry, too
many clients already

In fact, with "exim -bt -d+lookup" I see a lot of

PGSQL new connection: host=host port= database=database user=user

but nothing that indicates that a connection has been closed again.

When I quit exim -bt I get:

[...]
close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
close PGSQL connection: <database_info>
[...]

The number of lines is quite exactly the number of max_connections I
specified in postgresql.conf. (Tried to increase the number - works, but
the same problem occurs after testing some more addresses)

So, is this a bug or some sort of "feature", I don't understand right
now (maybe some caching?)?

Thank you very much,

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request*****   -   ICQ: 37225940
Yes, I've now got this nice little apartment in New York, one of those