Re: [Exim] Mailer-daemon email address.

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mailer-daemon email address.
Quoth Matthew Wakeling on Sun, Jan 13, 2002:
> I'm the admin of a box that accepts email for several domains. Say for
> example my qualify_domain is "a.com", and local_domains is a.com:b.com.
> My aliasfile director has the setting file = /etc/aliases.$domain, so
> there can be a different set of valid local_parts depending on the domain.
>
> If I send an email to blurgle@???, I get a bounce, sent from
> mail-daemon@???.
> If I send an email to blurgle@???, I also get a bounce from
> mailer-daemon@???, whereas I would prefer to get a bounce sent from
> mailer-daemon@??? (looks a little more professional, etc).

There's no simple way to fix that. This address is qualified
automatically with qualify_domain. Note that this address exists
only in the From: header, so you can rewrite it based on
recipient addresses from more than one local domain.

Vadik.

--
Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.