Re: [Exim] Passing mail through directors as well as routers…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave C.
Para: dman
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Passing mail through directors as well as routers section?
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, dman wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 07:53:18PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> | On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Joachim Wieland wrote:
> |
> | > I'd like to ask if it is possible to get a mail pass through the
> | > directors _and_ the routers section?
> | >
> | > The reason is: I lately had a setup where I wanted to relay certain
> | > domains but before I wanted to check if there are any forwards for
> | > localpart@one-of-these-domains defined in the database.
> |
> | This is exactly the kind of scenario which caused me to abolish the
> | distinction between directors and routers in Exim 4. In Exim 4 there is
> | just one set of routers.
>
> Will it be possible to keep them separate?  I can imagine that it may
> be useful to handle incoming and outgoing messages differently.  I'm
> thinking of an option like
>     message_type = incoming
>     message_type = outgoing
>     message_type = incoming : outgoing

But *all* messages come IN (to exim) from somewhere (maybe from another
host by SMTP, maybe from a local process,) *and* then go OUT (of exim)
to somewhere (maybe to another host by SMTP, maybe to a file or a pipe.)

Exim4 allows for differentiation between where messages are going based
on lots of conditions, including the sender domain and the recipient
domain. So you could easily write routers that made these distinctions.
You can even make macro-like lists of domains to emulate the exim3
functionality. Read the overview of how Exim4 works - I'm sure PH10
posted it here - or at least a link to it.