Re: [Exim] Root is user in Envelope

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: dman
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
CC: Kevin Reed
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Root is user in Envelope
On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 11:48:09PM -0700, Kevin Reed wrote:

| Hope I can explain this right...

| Example of the problem.

|     adminr  Remote users account with UID=0

Two accounts with the same UID.

This doesn't work very well. If you have the UID and reverse-lookup
to see who the user is, the first one listed in /etc/passwd is the
textual name you'll see. If you start with the name and convert to
UID they are both equal.

I know this because I tried it once. I have one name on a laptop and
a different one on the school system. I can mount my home directory
via samba. I was doing cvs commits like that, and, oops, my local
username was in the log instead of my school username. I tried to
make a duplicate user with the right name, and ran into that problem.
sudo didn't work for me ( "dman" is uid 1000 is user dsh8290,
dsh8290 is not allowed to run that command ).

-D

--

Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;