Re: [Exim] exim & intetd

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim & intetd
On 2002-01-12 at 20:10 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
[ exim rejecting connections if port != 25 ]

> Indeed. That's a tighter variant on the suggestion above. I had
> overlooked the possibility of testing the port.

And breaks if someone is running Exim on submission/tcp (587) or one of
the port-26 hacks used by some, in combination with authentication, to
get around forced proxying by ISPs with broken set-ups.

Unless anyone here has a pressing desire to see a huge upsurge of
exim-users@ posts by people who don't read FAQs or do background
research, surely it's safer to merely check for a port < 1024, which
should (on 'supported' platforms) be sufficient to check that someone
with administrative access set-up the situation under which Exim is
being run.

Unless Windows is now a supported Exim platform? ;^)
--
All computers wait at the same speed.