[Exim] LDAP Woes

Author: Aly S.P Dharshi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] LDAP Woes
Hi Folks,

    Having fixed my delivery problems, sort of, users such as p-aly are
local users and exist in ldap, so a delivery using the transport I have
modified works. But when I try to put a non-local user such as aly.dharshi
who also exists in ldap I initially found that it would come up with the
local-part is not part of the domain test.uleth.ca

    So how would you make aly.dharshi local and let it deliver to the
Maildir. I tried this:

     ldapuser:
  local_parts =
ldap;ldap:///ou=People,dc=email,dc=uleth,dc=ca?homeDirectory?sub?(mail=$loca
l_part@$domain)
  driver = smartuser
  transport = local_delivery

    Then I get the following error:

    2002-01-12 14:29:21 16PViL-00023q-00 == savoy@??? D=ldapuser
defer (-1): lookup defer for domains or local_parts

    What should I do to fix this ...

    Cheers,

        Aly.

-----