[Exim] LDAP Lookup Help

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Aly S.P Dharshi
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] LDAP Lookup Help
Hi All,

    I hope that you are well, a few weeks I had sought your help on LDAP
lookups which I have finally gotten around to doing, I seem to be running
into trouble. Exim 3.34 is what I am using.

    I have the following in LDAP (Netscape v 4.1x where x=2 I think):

    uid=p-aly,ou=People,dc=email,dc=uleth,dc=ca
    uidnumber=8            #corresponds to mail:mail on RH linux 7.2
    gidnumber=12
    objectclass=top
    objectclass=posixAccount
    objectclass=shadowAccount
    objectclass=CourierMailAccount
    uid=p-aly
    cn=Aly Dharshi (P-ALY)
    homedirectory=/home/a/p-aly
    mail=p-aly@???
    quota=50M

    I have the following in my general section or main section of the
configure file:

    ldap_default_servers = oberon.netsrv.uleth.ca:phobos.netserv.uleth.ca
    #HOME_DIR = ${lookup ldap{user="uid=mailserver,ou=system,dc=uleth,dc=ca"
pass=monkey \

ldap:///uid=${local_part},ou=People,ou=System,dc=uleth,dc=ca?homeDirectory?b
ase?}{$value}fail}

    HOME_DIR = ${lookup
ldap{ldap://oberon.netsrv.uleth.ca:389/uid=${local_part},ou=People,ou=System
,dc=uleth,dc=ca? \
                             homeDirectory?base?}{$value}fail}

    In my transport section I have:

    local_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
# file = /var/mail/$local_part
  maildir_format = true
  directory = HOME_DIR/Maildir
# directory = /home/$local_part/Maildir
  directory_mode = 0700
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  return_path_add
# group = mail
# mode = 0660

    I thought that I had it but well it seems that I am getting such errors:

2002-01-12 11:29:58 16PSuk-0001gb-00 <= p-aly@???
H=polaris.netsrv.uleth.ca [142.66.35.144] P=esmtp S=525
id=Pine.LNX.4.33.0201121129480.6484-100000@???
2002-01-12 11:29:58 16PSuk-0001gb-00 == p-aly@??? T=local_delivery
defer (-1): Expansion of "${lookup
ldap{ldap://oberon.netsrv.uleth.ca:389/uid=${local_part},ou=People,ou=System
,dc=uleth,dc=ca?homeDirectory?base?}{$value}fail}/Maildir" (file or
directory name for local_delivery transport) failed: "lookup" failed and
"fail" requested: LDAP search: no results

    As I also get a panic log, I can't have "no results" as there is an
entry in ldap and the directory is and has been created by the correct user
and group: mail i.e the directory and Maildir is own by mail:mail for all
users. Secondly even adding the trusted_users = mail setting I doubt if that
would help at all but I put it in anyways and uncommented the above
group=mail in the transport and it doesn't help either. Also added user=mail
to make sure that the delivery takes place as mail:mail.

    Cheers,

        Aly.

-----
Aly S.P Dharshi