[Exim] Recommended Settings for Performance

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Recommended Settings for Performance
Did my first big mailing last night and overloaded my system. 20,000 name mailing list using Mailman.

So - I've backed down some settings as follows:

remote_max_parallel = 20
queue_run_max = 30

I'm wondering what would be a more ideal level - for those of you who have played with it. Server is a dual pent 3 with
512 megs ram on a relatively busy T1 line. Last night I had:

remote_max_parallel = 100

no queue_run_max set

And it was very fast - until the system started getting errors for lack of file handles. Managed to lock up Mailman till
I deleted the files in the Locks directory.

So - what should I set things to to go fast - but not overwhelm the system?