Re: [Exim] route_list coming from a database

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: Joachim Wieland
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] route_list coming from a database
Quoting Joachim Wieland <jwieland@???>:

> I have the following rule to get a route_list in my exim.conf:
>
> smtproutes:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = * "${lookup pgsql{select nexthop from tbl_smtproutes \
> where domain = '$domain'}{$value}}" bydns
>

> Now I test the router:
>
> joe@mcrock:~$ /usr/sbin/exim -bt joe@???
> joe@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
> smtproutes router: failed to expand "${lookup pgsql{select nexthop
> from tbl_smtproutes where domain = ": missing } at end of string

I seem to remember something about a bug where any of " or ' was
terminating a quoted string started by " or '... I can't remember when I
saw this and if it was fixed (or if it's after 3.34) but haven't seen
anything about that in the changelog (I may have have overlooked it or it
may even be some other software, but I'm almost sure it was Exim)

> I already thought about quoting my '''s :-) but that didn't help
> either...

Have you thought about escaping them? \' should work.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???