Re: [Exim] SSH and Exim ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
Para: Philipp Gaschuetz
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SSH and Exim ?
Moin Philipp!
Philipp Gaschuetz schrieb am Friday, den 11. January 2002:
> Hi,

> we are relaying for another mailserver, which often is disconnected
> for nearly a day, and the mailqueue for them is then around 4GB...
> is there a way to tunnel exim through SSH in order to use
> compression?

In this scenario,

    Box A   -   Machine which is reliable
    Box B   -   Machine we need to relay for.

- Use rsa/dsa keys
- Something like this for root authenticated via a public key may
work on Box A.

ssh -C -L 25:Box-B:25 -l root

Then send all data to localhost normally on port 25 on the box B.

Alternatively, to reverse this, i.e. Box A acts as the ssh server and
Box B as the ssh client.

ssh -C -R 25:Box-A:25 -l root

(debug via -v ofcourse).

> Thanks, have a good weekend!

Ciao,

    -Kevin

--
We'll cross out that bridge when we come back to it later.