Re: [Exim] spamassasin woes [ fixed almost ]

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] spamassasin woes [ fixed almost ]
On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:29:42AM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
| On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 04:04, dman wrote:

| > Could be. I notice too that your gpg signature is stripped out.
| > Maybe the stripping program doesn't know the difference between HTML
| > messages and other not plain-text-only-no-attachments-whatsoever
| > messages.

| The stripper mandates messages to be single part text/plain - all
| attachments are stripped, the best alternative text/plain is taken, if
| there is no text/plain (ie html only) then an attempt is made to convert
| to text.

| The archiver does not handle MIME, so attachments tend to really louse
| the archives.
| When this is fixed we could allow some attachments
| through, although I'm not generally keen on attachments in a mailing
| list.

Attachments can be abused, for sure, but sometimes it is a good thing.
GPG/PGP signatures are one situation where regular use of attachments
is acceptable, IMO.

-D

--

I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave
has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.