Re: [Exim] Exim 4 + MYSQL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
To: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 + MYSQL
Moin Odhiambo!
Odhiambo G. Washington schrieb am Thursday, den 10. January 2002:
> Hello,

> I've installed Exim-3.952 today on FreeBSD-4.4-STABLE from the
> ports.

/me no know ports on FreeBSD.
/me make from source
/me make fire.

> make -DWITH_MYSQL

Actually this can be fixed in the Makefile under EXTRA_LIBS

> After everything (convert, etc) I've managed to start it but there
> was one problem - it always complained that libmsqlclient.so.10 was
> not found. This file is in /usr/local/lib/mysql/. I did a symlink
> for it into /us/local/lib and the complaint went away. I'm just
> wondering it anyone else has seen this phenomena or it's just my box
> which is sick ;)

Solutions for platforms:

Solaris

- while compiling (or in Makefile) add a flag -L/usr/local/lib/mysql
-R/usr/local/lib/mysql and you'll be on your way.

Net/OpenBSD

- Under Net/OpenBSD you have the ldconfig shlib_dirs option. You can
just add that to the rc.
- add ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql

Linux

- add /usr/local/lib/mysql to /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run ldconfig

> I just installed today and so far I'm happy. Thanks Philip for your
> relentless efforts to give us the BEST MTA!

/me agrees

cu,

-Kevin

--