[Exim] Re: fetchmail and RBL checking

Top Pagina
Auteur: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: fetchmail and RBL checking
+++ Stephen Turner [exim-users] <10/01/02 13:26 +0000>:
> This issue was discussed on this list in January 1999, but the only
> conclusion was "the right solution is to get your ISP to use RBL lists".
> Unfortunately, although I agree that this is the correct solution, it has
> probability of actually happening of about 0.001%. :-)

Either that, or use procmail recipes on your ISP's server (assuming you have
a procmail capable shell)

> Has there been any attempt to extend RBL checking to the Received: headers?
> Or does anyone know any other program through which I can filter my mail
> which will do this? Surely with the amount of spam now around, and the
> number of people connecting from home, this is a common problem.

This is rather a tough (and dodgy) proposition. If you do this, don't use
the DUL at least ... you'd drop mail on the floor that arrived from foo ISP's
dialup, relayed through foo ISP's mailserver and then reached your server.

    -srs