Re: [Exim] Rewriting From: for mailinglist?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver Dawid
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Rewriting From: for mailinglist?
hi dman,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, dman wrote:

> No, No, No, and No! Don't do that! If you do that, how will you ever
> know who wrote the message? And suppose you (at some point in time)

(-:

>     http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

thanks. i agree with most of the aspects the author says about munging the
Reply-To in email headers.

> and consider upgrading to a mailer that comprehends mailing lists.
> The problem is an end-user tool (MUA) problem, not a MTA problem.

yes you are right - i really agree with you. i just want to find a way, to
make it easy for all users (win and linux with all kind of brain-dead
mua's) to get their mail to the list easily. this is only for one special
list - i dont consider using it for the rest.

ok rewriting the From: line isn't the solution although in the envelope
the sender is still present (but who is looking at the envelope).

can you tell me, how to add a Reply-To: if it is not there? this would be
the best way i can think of. like

if $reply_to is unset
then
$reply_to = my_list@mydomain