Re: [Exim] Debian compile error

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
To: exim-users
CC: Elm Gysel
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Debian compile error
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Elm Gysel wrote:
>
 > > root@mail 12:55:55 /home/elmer/exim/exim_3.12-10.1.deb/exim-3.12$ make
 >                                                ^^^^^^^^^

> Ah. You are in a debianized world. That's probably the problem. You need
> to understand that world. I don't, I'm afraid.

oh, i didn't notice that either.

in that case you need to install the libpcre-dev package (i believe it
was exactly libpcre2-dev on potato). you're probably on potato, where
dpkg-checkbuilddeps didn't exist either, so you need to manually check
debian/control, the Build-depends field in particular (hm. i'm not
sure that existed in potato either. if not, it's the trial-by-error
way that's left).

get a Contents-i386.gz for potato, and whenever you get a message that
something can't find this and that, grep for it in Contents, and it'll
tell you in which package you can find it.

this is a bit too complicated world to explain in a signle email :)
i suggest that you skim through the developers' manual and related
docs to get a bit better understanding of it.

--
[-]