Re: [Exim] Debian compile error

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Elm Gysel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Debian compile error
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Elm Gysel wrote:

> But I got a compile error on 'pcre.h' since that file is in the pcre directory.

on debian, the best you can do is build a deb for yourself. you can
download the debian-specific diff from the archives, apply it to
either the source you download from there, or if a version you desire
is not available, they usually apply pretty cleanly to any upstream
version (or it doesn't take much tinkering to fix any rejects); then
from the resulting tree build a deb package with dpkg-buildpackage or
something.

then, the debianized tree hold infos on what packages it needs to
compile the stuff (this obviously changes if you add say, a lookup
that's not present in the debianized package). you can check what you
need with 'dpkg-checkbuilddeps'.

my advice is to tinker around building a deb out of it - proven to be
the cleanest way, and it's not (too) hard at all.

or, if you install the libpcre3-dev package, you'll be ok as well (i
still recommend going by the above solution).

or, you can add the pcre dorectory to -I and -L in the conffile, but i
still recommend going by the first option :)

--
[-]