Re: [Exim] Q:secondary mail server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jens-ingo brodesser
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Q:secondary mail server
>hello ,
>
>i've a primary and secondary mail server and want to know if it's
>possible
>with exim to send all mails store in normal directory /var/mail
>from my secondary to my primary server with smtp protocol
>
>many thanks for comments
>
>Tony

go for domainlist router to be set up in the router section of
exim.conf. you will have various options of how to route from one
machine to another :

from the online reference manual (exim.org) :

28. The domainlist router

The domainlist router compares a list of domain patterns with the
domain it is trying to route. When a match is found, the information
associated with the pattern can specify several different actions:

      The message can be sent to a specific host, or one of a number of hosts.
      The domain name can be replaced by a new name, which can be
         1.passed to the next router; or
         2.looked up directly in the DNS, with or without MX processing; or
         3.looked up using gethostbyname().
      Of course, gethostbyname() may well do its own DNS lookup, but
it does not do MX processing, and it may also reference other
      sources of information, such as /etc/hosts. When Exim is
compiled with IPv6 support, if a host that is looked up in the DNS
has both
      A and AAAA or A6 records, all the addresses are used.

The list of patterns can be specified as an option string, or looked
up in a file or database, or both; at least one of route_list,
route_file,
route_query, or route_queries must be set. A transport must be set
when the routing is completed by this router, that is, when the
address is not passed on to subsequent routers, unless verify_only is
set. Each routing entry can specify its own transport, with the
generic
transport option acting as a default for those that don't.

[...]