Re: [Exim] exim & intetd

Author: dman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim & intetd
On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:16:00AM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:

| Seems to me Exim should react the same to "I'm being fed mail via a pre-
| connected socket" regardless who did it.

host_reject
host_reject_recipient

Those are lists of hosts from which you want to reject SMTP transfers.
How can exim reject them if it can't see who opened the socket? If
(x)inetd is the one accepting the connection and forwarding the data
through to exim, exim will have no way of knowing where the data
really came from to properly accept or reject it.

BTW, Philip :
    On debian-user someone was asking how they could check Received
    headers or the like to dump stuff from known spam sites, by IP,
    that aren't already RBLed.  I did a little RTFMing and found the
    above options (combined with the net-lsearch lookup) to provide a
    simple and powerful solution for them.  Score one for exim :-).

-D

--

The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction.