[Exim] Not your normal SMTP-Auth problem?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Daniel Einspanjer
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Not your normal SMTP-Auth problem?
I'm one of the few people who got SMTP-Auth set up with relatively
little difficulty a year ago, and today I decided to upgrade from
3.22 to 3.34. It says that 3.32 is the latest stable code, but
looking at the changelog from .32 to .34, I didn't see anything that
seemed to be serious.. maybe I was wrong?

Everything compiled and started up fine, but I noticed that my
authentication was rejected with the 535 error. I ran in debug mode
and did not find anything interesting. It *looked* like everything
was okay.

After fiddling for a few moments, I decided to revert back to 3.22,
and it still worked fine. I ran another debug session and diffed the
two, and that is when I discovered the only difference...

In 3.22, after exim cracks the encrypted authentication string, it
states "expanded string: 1".
In 3.34, it is "expanded string: 0".

Does anyone have any ideas what this string is that isn't being
expanded, and why? Here is a quick side-by-side.

plain authenticator:                 plain authenticator:
 $2 = daniel@???               $2 = daniel@???
 $3 = TestPassword                    $3 = TestPassword
expanded string: 1                   expanded string: 0

SMTP>> 235 Auth succeeded            SMTP>> 535 Incorrect auth data

235 Authentication succeeded         535 Incorrect authentication data