Re: [Exim] exim & intetd

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kai Henningsen
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] exim & intetd
ph10@??? (Philip Hazel) wrote on 02.01.02 in <Pine.SOL.4.33.0201021107480.29130-100000@???>:

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, nick slussar wrote:

> Does anybody have any good ideas for detecting "called from inetd"?

Why do you *need* that?

> "stdin is a socket" on its own is not good enough - any user could set
> that up.

And why is that a problem?

Seems to me Exim should react the same to "I'm being fed mail via a pre-
connected socket" regardless who did it.

> Maybe the best I can do is detect the bad case, which is
>
> stdin is a socket
> AND
> caller is NOT root or the Exim user
>
> and bomb out with an error.

Hmm ... that could be repaired if Exim is setuid either root or the Exim
user, by just re-execing. And if it isn't, you probably have more problems
than this (how would commandline mail delivery work, for example?).

MfG Kai