[Exim] spam assassin (via spamd, spamc)

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ben Lutgens
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] spam assassin (via spamd, spamc)
--
I was using spamassassin in accordance with the setup on
http://bogmog.sourceforge.net/document_show.php3?doc_id=28 this page.
All was well until one of our engineers made a large commit which
saturated many of my other users with TONS Of incomming mails. Each one
of those got it's very own perl process. As you can imagine it took my
server down fairly quick as it's just a PC (we're a small company :-)
with 256 MG of ram. Another problem I noticed was that using the
Mail::SpamAssassin script on the aforementioned page negated any
settings in /etc/spamassassin.prefs (making whitelisting nearly
impossible)

My question is, is anyone using spamd and firing the messages from exim
to spamd via spamc? I would like to have the messages get sent back to
exim with the modifications made by spamc. Basically spamc you feed
spamc a message on STDIN, it send it to spamd where the work is done
under a single perl process. Then spam d sends a modified message back
to spamc which in turn prints it out on STDOUT. If someone can suggest a
way for me to tie all this into exim for all my incomming mails I'd
really appreciate it.

I'm using exim 3.32 on debian testing, and spamassasin 1.5

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.