Re: [Exim] Problem with Exim + Mailman + DNS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Stephane Leclerc
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problem with Exim + Mailman + DNS
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Stephane Leclerc wrote:

> If the host is defined using a CNAME record, I got on the Exim server:
> unknown local-part.
> And The real host part is replaced with the name of the primary host.

Exim should follow CNAMES, but doesn't normally rewrite them.

> If I use an A record to define the host, the system works.

Ideally, A records should define hosts, and MX records should define
mail domains. Using a CNAME instead of an MX record is likely to cause
problems, because some MTAs *do* rewrite.

> Localy, if I use: exim -d 9 -bt test@???, all is fine.

That _suggests_ the problem isn't Exim's, but this is a complicated
area...

> I send a mail to test@???

From a system running which MTA?

> Host = liste.actionweb.fr
> = liste.actionweb.fr CNAME aweb-groby.actionweb.fr
> = aweb-groby.actionweb.fr A 62.210.166.65
>
> -> test@???
> -> unknown local-part
>
> 2002-01-08 10:28:44 16NsYm-0002B3-00 <= sleclerc@???
> H=tourian.nerim.net [62.4.16.79] P=esmtp S=1067
> id=B8607A5B.162CE%sleclerc@??? from <sleclerc@???> for
> test@???

That shows that the original recipient received by Exim is
test@???. So something outside is doing the
rewriting. (Or you have a rewriting rule, but I don't suppose you do.)

> 2002-01-08 10:29:58 16NsZy-0002FD-00 <= sleclerc@???
> H=mailhub5.isdnet.net [195.154.209.25] P=esmtp S=1464
> id=B8607AA4.162D0%sleclerc@??? from <sleclerc@???> for
> test@???

See the different "for" setting?