Re: [Exim] malformed recipients vs. set sender

Top Pagina
Auteur: John Dalbec
Aan: Exim Users Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] malformed recipients vs. set sender

Patrice Fournier wrote:

> I did try to send a message with a similar address in IMP 3.0 and it
> wasn't rewritten before it was sent to Exim. If I try to write it as you
> showed it was rewritten, I still get only one error message. It shows
> problems in Exim: The first line of the copied message is missing (there
> seems to be a fix for this in Exim 4) and there is no log for the received
> message only the log for the bounce. As the command returned a failure
> code, shouldn't Exim not write a bounce? (with the default settings) Or at
> least write something in the log so we know where the bounce comes from?
> (This is by giving the recipients on the command line)
>
> If I use -t instead, I get something similar to your (the message shows in
> the logs and I get two error messages, but they are addressed to the
> address specified by -f..) but I can't get the third bounce message to
> generate. Have you tried to generate a debug log of the session between
> IMP and Exim? Have IMP call Exim with -d9 and log the output to a file...

While investigating how I might do this I realized that IMP (2.2.7 here) is
calling exim twice since it gets a failure code the first time. The first call
is with -f and without -t; the second call was with -t and without -f. I added
-f to the second invocation of sendmail and now all three bounce messages are
being sent to the correct From: address. Sorry for the noise.
Thanks,
John