Re: [Exim] ldap lookups with starttls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ldap lookups with starttls
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:17:02AM +0000,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> is thought to have said:

> On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 cboye@??? wrote:
>
> > The following patch against src/lookups/ldap.c makes it possible to use
> > ldap connections over ssl (with startssl or direct ssl connection with
> > ldaps://). For this you must have openldap-2 or greater.
>
> Exim 4 already supports "ldaps".
>
> Is there a great need for the other option? LDAP users on this list,
> please respond! (We don't use LDAP here, so I have no experience of it
> myself.)

STARTTLS seems to be the way many services are going towards to implement
SSL rather than dedicating an alternate port. I think the best thing to do
would be to support both to allow sites which can't/don't want to run LDAP
SSL on an alternate port, could still do lookups in an encrypted fashion.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality