[Exim] question about process name

Página Inicial
Autor: John Jetmore
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] question about process name
Short question: Is there any case in which exim re-spawns, calling itself
w/ its true name rather than what it was called with originally?

Explanation: We run three different MTAs at the moment (Don't ask, we're
consolidating on Exim) and we use a common set of tools to control them.
These tools rely on the MTA showing up in the process table as
/usr/lib/sendmail, which is accomplished with a simple symlink. Well, I
was tracking down an error last night, and I found that on the server
running exim, the MTA was showing up in the process list as
"/wcs/exim/bin/exim -bd -q30m" instead of "/usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q30m".
I killed this by hand and restarted using the rc script and it is showing
up normally now. Since we don't have any tools that know about the true
location of the binary, is there anyway exim did this?

I'm expecting answer of no, I just want to make sure I have my bases
covered.

Thanks
--John Jetmore