Re: [Exim] ldap lookups with starttls

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Douglas Gray Stephens
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] ldap lookups with starttls
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Douglas Gray Stephens wrote:

> I suspect that most people are calling LDAP from Exim to look up
> details, but few are using it for authentication, so startssl may be
> a nice to have option for a minority of users.

I am not entirely sure how this differs from support for "ldaps" (which
Exim 4 already has). In Exim 4 you can write

${if ldapauth{ldapquery}{yes string}{no string}}

and the query can use "ldap" or "ldaps" as required.

Basically, I want to know if it's worth my while understanding the
posted patch's code for explicit startssl support, or whether "ldaps"
can do all that is needed for Exim usage.

Philip