Re: [Exim] transport error using exim 3.34

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jim Savoy
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] transport error using exim 3.34

Philip Hazel wrote:

> Odd. I didn't get that. What do you get from
>
> exim -d9 -bt blah%blah@???

Hello all,

        I had said that I was running exim 3.33 on one machine and
exim 3.34 on another with identical config files, but the 3.34 is
crapping out on me (when I receive a message with a percent sign
in it). I should point out one other key difference: the machine
running exim 3.34 has two ethernet cards on it, so we have installed
two instances of exim 3.34 on it and I am hosting the uleth.ca domain
on one card and all other domains on the other card. This may have
something to do with the problem, because when I look at the output
from the debugger, it is identical until I get to the point where it
establishes the "remote host address". It figures it out on exim 3.33
(a machine with just one ethernet card, hosting all of our domains) and
then goes right into the "directors" section, but it fails at that point for
the machine with the two installations of exim 3.34. But I am not sure
what exactly it is looking for. The actual error is "uleth.ca cannot be
resolved at this time" but I'm not sure why it's saying that. Sorry. Can
you help? Here are the debugging results ( I cut & pasted them - hope
it doesn't come out looking like hell!):

Info:

1st machine: relay3.uleth.ca (142.66.3.55) Linux Redhat 7.2 exim 3.33 MX 50
2nd machine: kallio.uleth.ca (142.66.3.60) Linux RedHat 7.2 exim 3.34 MX 5
             (this machine also hosts other domains at IP address 142.66.3.61)

Debugging results from exim 3.33

[root@relay3 /usr/local/exim/bin]# ./exim -d9 -bt blah%blah@???
Exim version 3.33 debug level 9 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (January 24, 2001)
Caller is an admin user
Caller is a trusted user
originator: uid=0 gid=0 login=root name=root
sender address = root@???
Address testing: uid=0 gid=0 euid=0 egid=0

Testing blah%blah@???
blah%blah@??? in ^([^\*]+)\*(.*)@(.*)$? no (end of list)
uleth.ca in local_domains? no (end of list)
address blah%blah@???
local_part=blah%blah domain=uleth.ca
domain is not local

routing blah%blah@???, domain uleth.ca
blah%blah in "^.*%"? yes (matched ^.*%)
fail_percent router called for blah%blah@???
route_domain = uleth.ca
routelist_item = * localhost byname
after handling route_lists items, matched = 1
original hostlist=localhost options=byname
expanded hostlist="localhost" options=byname
Actual local interface address is 127.0.0.1 (lo)
Actual local interface address is 142.66.3.55 (eth0)
local host found for non-MX address
fully qualified name = localhost
localhost 127.0.0.1 mx=-1
remote host address is the local host: uleth.ca
address passed to directors: self_host = localhost
fail_percent router found uleth.ca to be local, or locally MX'd
routing blah%blah@??? caused it to become local
uleth.ca in percent_hack_domains? no (end of list)
address blah%blah@???
local_part=blah%blah domain=uleth.ca
domain is local

directing blah%blah@???
blah%blah in "^.*%"? yes (matched ^.*%)
calling fail_percent director
fail_percent director called for blah%blah@???
parse_extract_addresses: :fail: We do not accept addresses containing percent signs
extract item: :fail: We do not accept addresses containing percent signs
blah%blah@??? is undeliverable:
forced failure: We do not accept addresses containing percent signs
search_tidyup called

Debugging results from exim 3.34

[root@kallio bin]# ./exim -d9 -bt blah%blah@???
Exim version 3.34 debug level 9 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (January 24, 2001)
Caller is an admin user
Caller is a trusted user
originator: uid=0 gid=0 login=root name=root
sender address = root@???
Address testing: uid=0 gid=0 euid=0 egid=0

Testing blah%blah@???
blah%blah@??? in ^([^\*]+)\*(.*)@(.*)$? no (end of list)
uleth.ca in local_domains? no (end of list)
address blah%blah@???
local_part=blah%blah domain=uleth.ca
domain is not local

routing blah%blah@???, domain uleth.ca
blah%blah in "^.*%"? yes (matched ^.*%)
fail_percent router called for blah%blah@???
route_domain = uleth.ca
routelist_item = * localhost byname
after handling route_lists items, matched = 1
original hostlist=localhost options=byname
expanded hostlist="localhost" options=byname
Configured local interface address is 142.66.3.60
fully qualified name = localhost
localhost 127.0.0.1 mx=-1
LOG: 0 MAIN
Error in fail_percent router: no transport defined
fail_percent router: error for uleth.ca
message: error in router: transport missing
blah%blah@??? cannot be resolved at this time: