[Exim] Removing workstation name from mail address

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tommy Einarsson
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: [Exim] Removing workstation name from mail address
Hi,
After struggling around a few days with Exim + QPopper + Null Webmail I got
it up and running as I intended (I'm impressed with myself.......) I have
one issue left.
I have a registered domain einarsson.nu. All Win32 programs are set to
display tommy@???, but mailing from the Linux machine presents two
diffentrent names.....
If I use the Null Webmail I get the address tommye@localhost, if I se the
mail command I get tommye@???, where web is the name of the
Linux machine.
I will gladly admit that I'm no wiz in Linux, so I don't knowhere tostart
search, and using the archive is a bit hard if you don't have a specific
search criterea (the word domain gave me >8000 hits).

// Tommy

Teaching the World's Computers to Read

Tommy Einarsson, System Developer
Product Development

E-mail: mailto:tommy.einarsson@readsoft.com
Homepage: http://www.readsoft.com

ReadSoft AB
Sofielundsvägen 2
191 28 Sollentuna, Sweden

Phone: +46 8 566 110 29
Fax: +46 8 566 110 20
Mobile Phone: +46 708 37 66 29

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and/or
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, use of this information (including
disclosure,
copying or distribution) may be unlawful, therefore please inform the sender
and delete
the message immediately.
Disclaimer: http://www.readsoft.com/legal/maildisclaimer.htm