Re: [Exim] best way of feeding lots of mails into exim?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Philipp Gaschuetz
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] best way of feeding lots of mails into exim?
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Philipp Gaschuetz wrote:

> I've written a mailinglist type of program, that creates one mail per
> subscriber.
> I currently feed this into exim using exim -bS (so.... local SMTP).
>
> I was wondering whether there is a better (ie. faster) way of feeding them
> into exim. The system quite often runs out of open files using this so......

(1) There was a thread about this in the mailing list towards the end of
last year.

(2) Are you running Exim 3.34? There was a change to fix a minor problem
that could be caused by this kind of usage:

6. Reap all complete processes within the loop for accepting -bs or -bS
messages, because it seems that not all OS do this automatically when SIGCHLD
is set to SIG_IGN.