Re: [Exim] Authentication/Relay problems

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Authentication/Relay problems
Quoth Matthew Daubenspeck on Sun, Jan 06, 2002:
> Ok. Read the O'Reilly manual and whipped up a quick PHP => base64_encode
> script. Using the login authentication, the user from the first test IP is
> authenticating perfectly.

Sounds good, this means your authenticator is correct. Do you
see 'AUTH' when you give the EHLO command?

> However, if I remove this hostname from hosts_accept_relay when trying to
> send a message from win-Eudora, I get a 550 relay error.

This sounds like Eudora does not try to authenticate. First,
authenticated messages should have 'asmtp' as protocol in
I wonder whether there's a way to log all SMTP commands.

> I actually went as far as dumping the Eudora programs from one computer to
> another, so I know Eudora is set up correctly. The only thing I can see
> that MAY be different is that the firewall IP has a domain name pointed to
> it. With my DSL connection, I am using a dynamic hostname service
> (www.dns2go.com) for domain support. Could it be that exim is somehow
> seeing the dynamic hostname as well as the real ISP-server based hostname
> (pool-151-222-123-32.phil.east.verizon.net for example) and getting
> confused with the difference? Not sure. Has confused heck out of me for
> months...

Exim should see the hostname in DNS PTR records (the verizon.net
one, I believe). It should not matter, really.

Vadik.

--
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.