Re: [Exim] Authentication/Relay problems

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matthew Daubenspeck
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Vadim Vygonets
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Authentication/Relay problems
> > I manually connected
> > with the above and tried to relay without authentication. It didn't work.
> > Whew! :)
>
>Although the host was in hosts_accept_relay?

No, the one test host I am now using is NOT in hosts_accept_relay.
Currently, only localhost:127.0.0.1 is there.

>Read the chapter about authentication in the Exim manual, it has
>commands for encoding and decoding Base64 strings.

Ok. Read the O'Reilly manual and whipped up a quick PHP => base64_encode
script. Using the login authentication, the user from the first test IP is
authenticating perfectly. I used another IP address and the authentication
system is working perfectly from there as well. I tried two different
username/password combinations from this second IP (simulating two users
behind the firewall, thus having the same IP) and the authentication works.
However, if I remove this hostname from hosts_accept_relay when trying to
send a message from win-Eudora, I get a 550 relay error. I again tried it
with two machines behind the firewall, and they both receive the same message.

I actually went as far as dumping the Eudora programs from one computer to
another, so I know Eudora is set up correctly. The only thing I can see
that MAY be different is that the firewall IP has a domain name pointed to
it. With my DSL connection, I am using a dynamic hostname service
(www.dns2go.com) for domain support. Could it be that exim is somehow
seeing the dynamic hostname as well as the real ISP-server based hostname
(pool-151-222-123-32.phil.east.verizon.net for example) and getting
confused with the difference? Not sure. Has confused heck out of me for
months...