[Exim] Question about Exim and Maildir

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Devin Brown
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Question about Exim and Maildir
Hi. I have setup my Exim server to use Maildir format by specifiying the appropriate transport and director in the conf file. It's working well exept for one thing. I host virtual domains on this server and each domain has it's own alias file. Here's my problem. Before, when I was using the old spoolfile (local_deliver) transport, if a message was sent to an local user that existed on the system, but was not in the alias file for the domain it was sent to, the message would bounce, unless there was a *: entry in the alias file in which case it would go there. Now, with the maildir_delivery transport installed, the message will go to the local account. To clarify, here is a senario:

A message is sent to biff@???

There is a local account on the system called biff, but that account is not used by domain1 and there is no biff entry in the alias file for domain1

Domain1.com has the following entry:
*: steve
in the alias file so that all messages that are delivered with a local part that does not match any entry in the alias file will go to the user steve.

However, because there is a local user called biff, the message addressed to biff@??? goes to user biff instead of user steve.

Again, the strange thing about this is that it didn't do that before I switched to maildir and if I switch back to spool it goes back to working correctly.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Oh, I'm running Exim 3.12-10.2 under Debian Linux 2.2.

Also, here is a copy of the relevent sections in my config file:

In the tansports section...

#local_delivery:
# driver = appendfile
# file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}
# delivery_date_add
# envelope_to_add
# return_path_add
# group = mail
# mode = 0660

maildir_delivery:
driver = appendfile
create_directory = true
directory_mode = 700
directory = /home/${local_part}/Maildir/
headers_remove = "Bcc"
maildir_format
mode = 0660

and in the directors section....